Re: Octave should create a forum

From: GoSim
Subject: Re: Octave should create a forum
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 10:47:12 -0600 (CST)

nrjank wrote

> Forums can be useful. Seems half the projects I’m with use one and half
> use
> the other. Other than easier code and attachment hosting is the main forum
> plus. Less flexible access is a minus.  And I’m curious, is there a
> FSF-compliant forum out there worth using?

A forum would not primary be for the devs but for normal users. Sending a
message to a mail list of devs is almost intrusive but writing a post on a
forum is less personal and everyone is reading based on their own will, it
doesn't dimp down in your e mail. It would generate more interaction among
normal users and among them maybe you would get more devs, it could be like
an entry step. Also general interaction between users would increase, many
are experienced m-scripters and can help eachother.