Re: How to call a function that is in another file?

From: Emil M. Oanta
Subject: Re: How to call a function that is in another file?
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2019 10:00:00 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Farzad,

From your message I understand that there are several questions.

To read automatically a csv file is possible, but it takes a lot of effort to read all the system information and to decide if the 'separator' is a comma (which is used in some cases as decimal point). Then the program should deduce what symbol is used as a field separator. I use the principle 'keep it simple' and I usually write many comment lines in my codes in order to remember after months or years what was the logic of that given context. So, in the code I sent you, the input csv file should use this convention:
- first line may be or may be not the field separator definition, i.e. 'sep=;'
- if this line is missing, then the default separator is comma.

As a basic principle, I initialize the data in my codes, so the compile/interpreter should know what to do with that variables. So it would be fine to initialize the array/matrix.

Be aware that in GNU Octave you may start the indexes of the lines/columns from 1, but in the API C++ codes they should start from 0.

Regards,

Emil