cannot start octave-5.1.0 on fedora 31, libhdf5.so.10 not found

From: niconeuman
Subject: cannot start octave-5.1.0 on fedora 31, libhdf5.so.10 not found
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:22:07 -0600 (CST)

Greetings,
I recently updated Fedora from version 29 to 31. In version 29 I had
Octave-4.4.1 running with no problem.
After updating to 31, I have version 5.1.0 installed. When I try to run
octave it gives the following errors:

$ octave
octave: no graphical display found
octave: disabling GUI features
/usr/local/bin/octave-cli-5.1.0: error while loading shared libraries:
libhdf5.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm not sure if the graphical part is the problem (I had problems with the
nvidia drivers but I think I fixed them). The libhdf5 is installed because I
also have anaconda. But I'm not sure how to let octave know that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,
Nicolas