Re: Workspace result output

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Workspace result output
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 17:09:14 +0100

Am 31. Oktober 2019 um 11:51 Uhr schrieb "Eken, Siyar":
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> is there any possibility to output the results which are shown in the
> „workspace“ in text file or excel file?

Suppose your data is stored in the variable "my_var".
For a simple text file, you can use the "save" function:
save -ascii my_var

For Excel, you can use the xlswrite function from the io package:
pkg load io  % <-- execute only once per Octave session
xlswrite ("my_excel_file.xlsx", "my_var");

> Another question is: If “display” results of the workspace it is going to  be
> shown in the command window. If my colleague do the same it is going to be
> shown in the Editor in grids.

I don't know if I understood that correctly. Did you try double-clicking the
variable in the Workspace?

Markus