Re: Problem in installation of Package io

From: Farzad Torabi
Subject: Re: Problem in installation of Package io
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 18:30:58 +0200

Hi guys!
Thank you so much for the help. Indeed it was from permissions. I changed the one of c:/Octave and it resolved

Il ven 25 ott 2019, 16:05 Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> My impression is, that your temp directory has insufficient permissions
> "error: cannot run C++ compiled programs".

I think Kai is likely right.  I ran into this problem on a managed
machine at work.  Security policy rollout included disallowing
executables from the Temp space through Group Policy, which included
the compiling Octave does for some packages.

What I did was make a C:\Octave\Temp folder, and then at the start of
every Octave session I execute:

setenv('tmpdir','c:\Programs\Octave\Temp\')

(i added that line to the .octaverc file located at the base of my
user profile folder)

give that a try. if it works you know that's the problem.

see the following discussion:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55646