Re: Question about Octave xlsread

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Question about Octave xlsread
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 22:49:48 +0200

Hi

please do not email developers directly, email to the help mailing list
(address@hidden)

Read on ....

Farzad Torabi wrote:
Hello and thank you so much for developing this really needed package !

I would like to email you about an issue I have , given that I have written my code in MATLAB and QUITE recently installed the last Octave 5.1.0 64bit.

I need to run this command in Octave, but I am not sure if the installation is done, despite I did pkg install

[numdata,txtData,all] =xlsread(filelist);

running the above line I get :

/warning: Functions for spreadsheet style I/O (.xls .xlsx .sxc .ods .dbf .wk1
etc.)  are provided in the io package.  See
<https://octave.sourceforge.io/io/>.

Please read <https://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality./
*error: 'xlsread' undefined near line 42 column 24*

pkg load io

Philip