Re: help uigetfile

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: help uigetfile
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 06:32:44 -0500 (CDT)

Joe Tusek wrote
> When I select one file, the returned fname has dimension of 1 x
> num_filename_chars. When I select multiple files, fname has dimension of
> 1 x numfiles. Is this the correct behaviour?

Yes, uigetfile returns a string containing the file name in case of single
selection, while it returns a cell array of file name strings in case of
multiple selection. Something like this should thus give you what you want:

files = uigetfile ("multiselect", "on")
numfiles = ifelse (iscell (files), numel (files), 1);

As for the FLTIDX output not being documented, can you file a bug report?

Pantxo