Capturing exception messages in octave C++ API

From: rupakrokade
Subject: Capturing exception messages in octave C++ API
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 05:50:09 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

I am using the octave C++ API to call octave from a C++ code. I am using
"feval" to call the octave functions. Whenever something incorrect is passed
to feval, it prints a nice detailed explanation of what went wrong, on the
terminal. I want to capture this detailed message so that it can be returned
to the main function that called it, rather than just printing to the
terminal. This is because the code could be invoked by a different software
and not necessarily from the terminal. How do I do it??

Rupak