Install Octave 32-bits on a 64-bits OS

From: Axel Coulon
Subject: Install Octave 32-bits on a 64-bits OS
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 11:53:20 +0200

Hi,

I am working on a 64-bits Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and I need to install the Octave 32-bits version to work with some personal libraries (which are 32-bits). Is it possible ? I have been trying to build directly the 32-bits version but I need the dependencies in 32-bits version. Obviously, some 32-bits dependencies can't be installed on a 64-bits OS (e.g. like libqscintilla2-12v5). I did not find any similar topic on the web, so if you have any good idea do not hesitate to share it with me.

Best regards,

Axel