Re: Is it possible to export Function file to dll?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Is it possible to export Function file to dll?
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 19:27:04 -0700

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 09:32:57 -0500, Sam93 wrote:
> If I'm having a function file, would be possible that I can export that file
> into a dll and then be able to attach and add this file into .Net solution
> and call this function? If that is not possible is there is a way around
> that?

In order to call a function file, your program would need to embed and
instantiate the Octave interpreter. See for example

  https://www.octave.org/doc/interpreter/Standalone-Programs.html

The Octave interpreter is loadable via C++ shared / dynamic library.
Keep in mind that any program that loads the Octave interpreter this way
is a derivative work and must be distributed under the terms of the GPL.

Hope that helps,

--
mike