Bug imagesc in Octave 5.1.0.0

From: Patrick Scholl
Subject: Bug imagesc in Octave 5.1.0.0
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 09:22:57 +0200

Dear Octave team,

thanks for providing such a nice program.
I am quite familiar with Matlab and some months ago I switched to Octave.

I just found one minor bug in the new Octave version. When I updated to Octave 5.1.0.0, one of my programs than was running in earlier Octave versions had a problem with the scaling of one of my pictures in a GUI.

The code I used was:

graphics_toolkit qt

clear h

graphics_toolkit qt
[fig1,map]=imread('sole.jpg');

figure;

imagesc(fig1);

set(gca,'units','normalized','position',[0 0 1 1]);
set(gcf,'units','pixels','position',[600, 20, 1200, 1300]);

Therefore, the figure was not scaling to the new image dimensions. I could resolve the problem by adding a minor pause after the imagesc command:

imagesc(fig1);
pause(0.000001);

Best regards
Patrick