Re: Scattered array, 2D integration?

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Scattered array, 2D integration?
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 22:02:06 -0400

> With current functions implemented in Octave, is my only option to create
> such a grid a la meshgrid and griddata?
> Matlab 2013 introduced a scatteredInterpolant function

just came across bug #35821 (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35821)
which has a ?unreviewed? patch from 2013 that is a wrapper for
griddata.  So far my manual tests with griddata are running into
memory issues since it forces a full rectangular mesh from my sparse
data.  I assume I'd run into the same issue with this wrapper.  Is
anyone familiar with the scatteredInterpolant (or TriScatteredInterp)
functions in Matlab?  Does memory use make it seem like they are using
the sparse data or hiding a full rectangular array under the hood?