conhost.exe - System Error: Octave Error or OS error?

From: TimotheusNemitz
Subject: conhost.exe - System Error: Octave Error or OS error?
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 03:42:28 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,
I'm on a Win10 machine and I use the 64-bit Octave 5.1.0 with GUI. Since I
don't have root access on this machine, I extracted and use the zip-Version.
Since some time, when working with Octave I get the following popup error
message at  seemingly random occasions:
Popup title:
"conhost.exe - System Error"
Popup text: "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this
application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain
control of this application."
A screenshot of the error message is attached[1].

When the error occurs I can still modify the content of the editor but I
cannot modify and get any new output in the command window. The only
solution I found so far is to close and restart the Octave GUI.

Any idea how to get rid or workaround this problem would be very helpful.

[1]  Screenshot_-_conhost_error.png
<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373436/Screenshot_-_conhost_error.png>