Re: making a video (animated plot)

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: making a video (animated plot)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 15:40:00 -0500 (CDT)

Andreas Weber-6 wrote
> Dear Pantxo,
>
> Am 03.10.19 um 15:56 schrieb Pantxo:
>
> The classdef wrappers VideoWriter hast "writeVideo" implemented,
> VideoReader is just a skeleton. I use the low level private functions
> doit.m and doit2.m (have a look at them)
>
> I can write a more complete answer tomorrow, Andy

Thanks. Indeed, the VideoWriter works for me too with the synthetic data
from doit.m, but for some reason I am unable to use data obtained from
getframe, e.g. the example from movie.m won't produce a readable video:
---------------------------------------
w = VideoWriter ("foo.mp4", "");

z = sombrero ();
hs = surf (z);
axis manual
nframes = 50;

for ii = 1:nframes
  set (hs, "zdata", z * sin (2*pi*ii/nframes));
  writeVideo (w, getframe ().cdata);
endfor

close (w)

Here "writeVideo" always returns 0. Am I doing something wrong?

Pantxo