Opening Octave

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Opening Octave
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 21:21:34 -0500

Hello,

I am having problems being able to open the octave gui on Windows 10. I am not the best with computers and file exploring type stuff so I may just be missing something or some steps somewhere. I had previously downloaded the program and it gave me 2 shortcuts on my desktop and those worked for a while but they eventually quit working or I would have to wait very long amounts of time or try opening it multiple times before it would work. I decided to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helped. I’ve installed and uninstalled 3 times in total with success for short periods of time but it always quits working. This time there are no desktop shortcuts for me and I have clicked all the programs in the .zip file after unzipping with no success. I also read the section in the manual about opening octave and when I try typing ‘octave’ in either of the shells it tells me command not found. Any help for a struggling college student would be very appreciated!