gramm package

From: EAlvarez
Subject: gramm package
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 07:03:26 -0500 (CDT)

Hello Gurus of Octave!

I have the following Problem and hope somebody out there can help. I am new
to Octave. I am a long term user of R programming language, and have been
using Hadley´s Wickham ggplot2 for a long time to make plotting more easy. I
saw that there is a package called gramm developed for Matlab. The
experienced used @CdeMills seemed to found a Workaround to make this package
executable on Octave, see this thread:
https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/gramm-td4677378.html#none

I followed the instructions on the readme file and the comments on the
thread in how to run this package but have not had any luck!.

The readme says that I should add the @Folder containing the class to the
path. I do this the following way:

addpath('P:/35
MITARBEITERORDNER/Alvarez/Octave/Scripts/gramm-master/@gramm')

which add the path succesfully and running the example script is able to
find the file, but when executing this I get the following error:

>> g=gramm_octave('x',cars.Model_Year,'y',cars.MPG,'color',cars.Cylinders,'subset',cars.Cylinders~=3
>> & cars.Cylinders~=5);

parse error near line 268 of file P:/35
MITARBEITERORDNER/Alvarez/Octave/Scripts/gramm-master/@gramm\gramm_octave.m

  external methods are only allowed in @-folders

>>>     obj = update (obj, varargin)

Am I making mistakes when loading the path? I tested the package the same
way in Matlab and was able to get perfect results and no Errors.

I hope somebody out there can help Thanks!