Re: Controlling Axes, etc. for Simple 2D Plots

From: Brad Davis
Subject: Re: Controlling Axes, etc. for Simple 2D Plots
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 06:15:54 -0400

Dear Group,

Some help with this would be greatly appreciated. The following is the relevant code for my plots. Attached is the result. The bottom parts of the "q" and "y" in the x-axis label are chopped off. What do I need to do to stop this from happening?

Also, if anybody has a group of examples for plotting, sharing would be greatly appreciated.

TextSize = 10;
axes('FontSize',TextSize);
h = figure;
set(h,'PaperSize',[4 3.5]);
set(h,'PaperPosition',[0.1,0.4,4,3]);
set(gca,'fontname','Times');
hold on;
box on;
grid on;
plot(f(:,1),ModeShape(:,1),'r','linewidth',1);
plot(f(:,2),ModeShape(:,2),'g--','linewidth',1);
plot(f(:,3),ModeShape(:,3),'b-.','linewidth',1);
xlabel('Frequency (Hz)','fontsize',TextSize);
ylabel('Mode Shape Value','fontsize',TextSize);

Brad Davis, Ph.D., S.E.
address@hidden