Re: Integration / curve fitting

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Integration / curve fitting
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 00:10:58 +0200

Hi

> I’m in desperate need of help, I’m working on my final masters project, as
> part of this I have a non linear ODE which I need to integrate, at the same
> rate I need to fit this data to experimental data I’ve generated.

fitting the integrated curve is quite difficult and often leads to
local minima (and handling uncertainties is also quite a burden). Are
you aware of Functional Data Analysis? This allows you to convert your
ODE fitting problem into an algebraic (albeit nonlinear) fitting
problem which can be well handled with fitting algorithms (and you can
handle uncertainties in the classical way).
The FDA package[1], works almost completely in GNU Octave. you can
install it (in latest stable) form your octave prompt

pkg install https://bitbucket.org/KaKiLa/fda/downloads/fda-1.0.0.tar.gz

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/KaKiLa/fda/src/default/