How to read/import specific data from a non-matrix txt file

From: Danielo
Subject: How to read/import specific data from a non-matrix txt file
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 08:06:03 -0500 (CDT)

I have around 2000 txt files following the same structure containing
summarized information from different weather stations. I would like to
create a matrix extracting some specific fields from them, one column with
the name of the file, another with the coordinates and another with the
values at the lower part of the file (they are yearly mean values of
different stuff).

Here is attached a screenshot of one of them. I’ve imported to excel and
found out that they can be imported as tab delimited files but that’s just
nice to know information. The txt files are the monthly mean data from the
yearly-by-minute data on the CVS files that they are on screen.

I took a Matlab /Octave class but we never really cover working with
external files other than matrix files. I would appreciate some help with
the subject. Thanks

<https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373441/Untitled-1.jpg>