Re: error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable

From: Tim Churchfield
Subject: Re: error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable or disabled when Octave was built
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 09:58:40 +0200

Hi IDD,

> No, upgrading the OS on a cluster of which you are one of the many users
> should not be the best thing to do. This should be the job of the cluster
> administrators.

I apologise for my general ignorance but I've attached a screenshot of
the messages that are presented to me when I connect to the cluster.
Why state that I can upgrade to a new version of Ubuntu in the
start-up message? On a cluster, is it possible to have multiple users,
each running a different OS version?

Many thanks,

Tim