Re: error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable

From: Isak Delberth Davids
Subject: Re: error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable or disabled when Octave was built
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 09:42:45 +0200

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 09:39, Tim Churchfield <address@hidden> wrote:
The current OS is Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, Trusty Tahr. There is the option
to run the command: 'do-release-upgrade' to update to 16.04.6 LTS,
Xenial Xerus. As a result of my 'wonderful' experience updating to new
Windows versions on my own personal computer I have been hesitant to
do the same on the cluster

No, upgrading the OS on a cluster of which you are one of the many users should not be the best thing to do. This should be the job of the cluster administrators.

Cheers,
IDD