error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable or d

From: PurpleCrumpets
Subject: error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable or disabled when Octave was built
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 09:26:08 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I am having issues with the glpk package. I'm very
new to Octave so I apologise in advance if I say something that is obviously
completely stupid. As a bit of background, I am running Octave 4.2.1 on the
computer cluster at work. Part way though the simulation I am running, I get
the following error message:

Creating Kriging models...

Kriging model is stk_materncov_aniso (default)

with linear trend.

error: glpk: support for GNU Linear Programming Kit was unavailable or
disabled when Octave was built

error: called from

glpk at line 600 column 27

qp at line 380 column 27

sqp at line 412 column 27

stk_minimize_boxconstrained at line 53 column 12

stk_param_estim at line 156 column 21

createKrigingModels at line 134 column 41

DEcalioc at line 162 column 17

Firstly, if glpk is disbled, how can it read to line 600 of glpk?

If it is disabled, is this something I can download (like a normal package
off of source forge for example) or will I likely need the cluster admin to
add an up to date Octave module to the cluster that doesn't have glpk
disabled?

Finally, I assume under a normal installation of Octave, glpk is also
installed such that this error wouldn't occur?

Thanks in advance!

Tim