Re: optim package question

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: optim package question
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 13:20:36 +0200

On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 01:55:49AM +0000, Tso-min Chou via Help-octave wrote:
> Hi,
> I am converting my matlab codes to octave, but I am having troubles with 2
> commands below;
> first:
> options=optimset('Algorithm','levenberg-marquardt','Jacobian','off','DerivativeCheck','off','TolX',1e-5,'TolFun',1e-5,'MaxIter',NIter,'display','off');
>
> second: [XOut,ErrorTotal,ErrorPartial] =
> lsqnonlin('FETProcess_mod2a_Shuoqi',XGuess,XMin,XMax,options,Freq,SMeas,Scale);
> >From the octave manual, I think there's no "levenberg-marquardt" method in
> >optimset and no lsqnonlin function.
> Anyone can show me how to convert the above 2 commands?
> Best Regards,
> TsoMin

Hi TsoMin,

the Octave manual is not the right place to get informations on a
package. For the optim package, you can try 'optim_doc' from the
Octave command line, or just 'help lsqnonlin' for your case. The
optimisation options are not defined by the 'optimset' function, but
by the individual optimization functions.

Olaf