Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:55:49 -0400

Didn't realize you dropped the help.list off the To list again. Please use Reply All, not reply. Copying the list here again.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 2:54 PM Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 2:37 PM Art Bruckheim <address@hidden> wrote:
I used the executable file not the zip archive. I found octave.vbs and made a shortcut. Thanks for your help.

I don't know why but if it didn't create the shortcuts it may not have done the rest of the post install setup.

From within octave, does

pkg list

Shoe you a long list of installed packages? If not try running

pkg rebuild

And then

pkg list

Second, in the same folder as the vbs file to start Octave, do you see a fc_update.bat file?  Running that will ensure that the font cache has been updated and reduce some long delays that might make you think the program has stalled.