Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: version 4.4.1 64 bit executable installation file for windows 7
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 13:47:03 -0400

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019, 12:50 PM Art Bruckheim <address@hidden> wrote:
Nicholas:
I have successfully loaded version 4.4.1 although I did not get a shortcut on my desktop. What is the
executable file name used to launch Octave 4.4.1?
Anyhow I use a *.m file to launch. However, sometimes the >> prompt disappears and the system is hung up.
How do I get out of what seems like a loop? I can't close the file or exit the app.

(Please copy the help list on any emails.)

Did you use the executable file or zip archive to install?

There is an Octave.vbs file in the main folder that is the primary program launcher. The executable installer should have made shortcuts on your desktop.

How do you use an m file to launch?

I'm not really sure what you are doing when the system seems to get stuck so its tough to guess at what is wrong without knowing more.