'formatted input' circular help instructions

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: 'formatted input' circular help instructions
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 14:01:11 -0400

In the help for fscanf the last line says:

"See the Formatted Input section of the GNU Octave manual for a complete description of the syntax of the template string. "

trying doc "Formatted Input" I noticed it just opened the help for (mainly fscanf, but also scanf).  no template syntax info, but it does tell me to see the Formatted Input section of the GNU Octave manual ...

should it instead mention (and maybe link to) the Table of Input conversions or Input Conversion Syntax pages?