Re: Eliminating / lessen white-space in terminal window

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Eliminating / lessen white-space in terminal window
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 10:44:25 -0700

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 05:45:48 -0400, RT wrote:
> I'm using Octave 4.2.2 Ubuntu 18.04 How can I eliminate / lessen the
> white-space when viewing an array in the terminal?  see image below.

Is it possible that you are using format long and fixed_point_format?

    >> a = reshape (1:30, 5, 6)'
    a =

        1    2    3    4    5
        6    7    8    9   10
       11   12   13   14   15
       16   17   18   19   20
       21   22   23   24   25
       26   27   28   29   30

    >> format long
    >> fixed_point_format (true)
    >> a = reshape (1:30, 5, 6)'
    a =

                        1                    2                    3
       4                    5
                        6                    7                    8
       9                   10
                       11                   12                   13
      14                   15
                       16                   17                   18
      19                   20
                       21                   22                   23
      24                   25
                       26                   27                   28
      29                   30

--
mike