Re: fsolve returns a complex solution instead of a real one

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: fsolve returns a complex solution instead of a real one
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 17:58:37 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Loro51
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2019/6/9, Sun 09:22
> Subject: fsolve returns a complex solution instead of a real one
>
> Dear All,
>
> Maybe I am doing something wrong. In this case, please let me know
>
> I develop a simple code to calculate the chemical equilibrium from a
> composition at some temperature and on the uploaded file you can find the
> equations.
>
> As I run CC_Micro_Turbina_Gas_Trabalho_BE on the Command Window on Debian 9
> (Octave version 4.0.3) I get a complex solution with info = 3 instead of a
> real solution as it should be. What am I doing wrong?
>
> All the properties were tested and are Ok
>
> All the best

Document of fsolve states :

options is a structure specifying additional parameters which control the
algorithm.
Currently, fsolve recognizes these options:
"AutoScaling", "ComplexEqn", "FinDiffType", "FunValCheck", "Jacobian",
"MaxFunEvals", "MaxIter", "OutputFcn", "TolFun", "TolX", "TypicalX", and
"Updating".

Did you specify "ComplexEqn" option?

Tatsuro