Re: Problems in octave 5.1.0 in the function plot

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Problems in octave 5.1.0 in the function plot
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 11:28:01 -0400

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:04 AM Dmitri A. Sergatskov
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 1:55 AM arkkimede <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > The conclusion is: "At the moment avoid to use Octave 5.1.0" waiting for a
> > new release that solve the issue?
> > Do you agree with me?
> >

> The problem appears to be with OpenGL driver, rather than with Octave.
> I can reproduce the
> problem with Octave 6.0 (current development version).
> You can try gnuplot backend for now (you can set "graphics_toolkit
> gnuplot" in .octaverc e.g.)
>
> Dmitri.
> --

I hadn't followed this conversation because I saw it mentioned it was
a Linux graphics issue, and then you mentioned it was a driver issue.
Out of curiosity I ran the conical_cut script on my Windows 10 machine
with Octave 5.1.0 and switched graphics_toolkits. With qt and fltk I
get the half circle, with gnuplot I get the full circle. I don't have
access to enable/disable hardware acceleration to see if it's an
issue. So if it's an OpenGL driver issue it's cross-platform.