Re: Default editor in Octave 5.1.0

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Default editor in Octave 5.1.0
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 11:37:03 -0500

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 5:27 PM Ronald Modesitt <address@hidden> wrote:
I have Octave installed on Linux Mint 18.3, Dell P690 Workstation with 16Gb ram and two dual core Xeon 5160 processors. (big chunk of iron but I love it).
I am unable to change the default editor to Geany from the Edit/Preferences/Editor/Use custom file editor dialog.
I am a newbie with Octave so I've probably missed the proper configuration.

I am not a gui user/expert, but I believe that you cannot change the embedded editor in the gui.
(The one you get if you click on "Editor" tab.)
The editor you configured in this setting is the one that will come up if you type "edit myfile.m" at
octave prompt.

Thanks
Ron

Sincerely,