Workaround for loadlibrary function

From: Ardid, Salva
Subject: Workaround for loadlibrary function
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 13:54:17 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to use Transplant (https://transplant.readthedocs.io/en/latest/) to
call Octave from Python. I am aware about Oct2Py, which I have also started to
use, but Transplant seems more comprehensive, powerful and actively maintained.
Also, Oct2Py presents some issues
(https://github.com/flathub/org.octave.Octave/issues/56).

According to main Transplant Dev, using Transplant should be quite
straightforward if the loadlibrary function was available in Octave
(https://github.com/bastibe/transplant/issues/74). I filled an issue about this
(https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56176), but in the meantime, I would like to
know if there is a workaround for this I could use, to make Transplant
functional in Octave.

If more people would be interested in this, we could team up to try to make it
happen :)

Thanks in advance,
Salva