arx programming in Octave

From: Sonya Burrill
Subject: arx programming in Octave
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 13:18:08 +0000

Hi there,

I am adapting an old statistical program that was written in Matlab for use in Octave.

I am doing dynamic regression analysis using the arx function (from the control package).

Within the code for the dynamic regression, the "idarx" function is used:

mZ=idarx(m);
Sim_y=sim(mZ,ARXData(:,2:NumberOfInput+1));

On the command line I get the error message:
error: 'idarx' undefined near line 98 column 4

After searching online for a while, it seems the "idarx" function does not exist in Octave.  Is there an equivalent function, or similarly acting function, that I can use in Octave?

Thanks for your help.

Sonya Burrill