Re: Multiple plots saving issues

From: Pantxo
Subject: Re: Multiple plots saving issues
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 15:24:44 -0500 (CDT)

ignas wrote
> Hi,
>
> I have encountered a problem related to saving multiple images to separate
> files. My script is basically the loop which calculates a f(x) dependency,
> plots it and saves to file. After 1000 or so iterations it halts and gives
> out the following:
>
> "error: print: failed to open pipe "|/usr/bin/gs -dQUIET -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH
> -dSAFER -dAutoRotatePages=/None -sDEVICE=png16m -dLanguageLevel=2
> -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=1 -r72x72 -dEPSCrop
> -sOutputFile="./alo/rt_alo14856.png" -"
> error: called from
>     __opengl_print__ at line 169 column 7
>     print at line 519 column 14
>     ganalo_php at line 125"
>
> After this happens I can not save any more images to files unless I
> restart
> Octave. I am confused and do not know were to start the debugging. Is it
> the
> fault of Octave or Ghostscript? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Ignas
>
> --
> Sent from:
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html

Hi,

This could be related to this bug:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=50686

The bug has been  closed in absence of response from previous posters, but
don't hesitate to test whether you can reproduce it.

I assume you are not using the latest Octave 5.1 since by default GS is no
more used to produce PNG files. Could you test the latest version of Octave?

Pantxo