Re: Installing instrument control package

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Installing instrument control package
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 19:48:48 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: martinhedegaard
> To: help-octave
> Date: 2019/4/5, Fri 15:42
> Subject: RE: Installing instrument control package
>
> Hi again
>
> I tried too script it again and didn't get the errors however the directory
> line executes but does not create the library, but no error in the code is
> outputted only the next line gives no such file or directory error when i
> try to run the copy of NI.h file to the ib.h file.
>
> If i create just another directory and make a simple txt file i cannot
> either from bash ls to it through:
> ls /usr/include/test123/ib123.txt
> if i cd to the correct folder /test123/ i can find the file... do you know
> what the issue is here? i think this is what has caused my issues with the
> instrument package install
>
> br
> Martin

Did you see the below?

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/GPIB-on-cygwin-tp4691879p4691915.html

****************************

Thank you again for all the help!

In fact,  GPIB works under the Windows native version (mingw) as well.

I basically followed the same process:

1. Make a directory, e.g., in c:\Octave\Octave-4.4.1\include\gpib\, and put
ib.h in it.

2. Copy libgpib.a into c:\Octave\Octave-4.4.1\lib\.  (you can use the one
from cygwin or make a new one in mingw using dlltool)

3. In Octave, run
pkg install -forge instrument-control

Tatsuro