Octave 4.2.2: arrows keys deleting text

From: kcn
Subject: Octave 4.2.2: arrows keys deleting text
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:37:43 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

I have been using Octave on Ubuntu 16.04 for quite a while now. When I
started it up for the first time in a while today, it has been acting weird.
When I press the left arrow key on my keyboard (so the cursor moves to the
left), the cursor appears to stay frozen. Then when the cursor finally
moves, it deletes the character that it is currently on. So if I type in
something like "f1 = x^2" and try to move the cursor to the left, "2" will
get deleted.

Has anyone here experience similar issues?