terminate by certain key press

From: herrdeh
Subject: terminate by certain key press
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 03:17:04 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

a dear friend of mine (who is familiar with matlab) wrote a few lines to
analyse tempo variations in musical recordings.

One problem he could not get around is how to terminate the routine, at
present this is solved with timeout.
When started, this routine writes time stamps into an array on key press.
What we now need is a handle to terminate the process by a special key with
the contents of the array preserved - ctrl-C or ctrl-D seem not to work.

This is the code:

We would be very grateful for a brief hint.

Cheers,
Wolf