RE: load hdf5 file that contains compound datatype for a dataset

From: Lucas Salvador
Subject: RE: load hdf5 file that contains compound datatype for a dataset
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 08:18:41 +0000

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. I could load hdf5 file partially
using

data_results = load('-hdf5','-force',hdf5_file,'Results');

where Results is a dataset. I only have the problem with another dataset which
is of compound type. I would like to try any tool that can load the whole file
such as your patch or h5util, yet I am a newbie with octave and don't know
exactly how to install a .cset file (such as in the forum thread you sent)
without building the whole software.

Is there a function .m available (such as the 'load' function of octave) that I
could use as a separate function without any installation of package build?

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lucas