Re: Arrays Linear Indexing

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: Arrays Linear Indexing
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 13:21:28 -0500

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:12 AM khalil2535 <address@hidden> wrote:
hmmm , this window tells me that i am using 4.2.2 version of octave
I downloaded/installed it using fedora dnfdragora program.

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373211/PXFrrYw.png>
https://i.imgur.com/PXFrrYw.png <https://i.imgur.com/PXFrrYw.png

Also tried with version 4.4.1 here at my work, and it also works exactly as expected, both return a value of 12.

Actually, the last number (1) in the error message is saying that Octave thinks that x has length of 1.  What happens if you do the following?

clear -variables;
x = [1:10;2:2:20; 1.1:0.1:2]
size(x)
x_1 = x(2,6)