Re: installing pkg is a PAIN

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: Re: installing pkg is a PAIN
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:36:41 +0100

Mateusz,

whinig like you did is not the best way to get an answer.  Anyway, I'll
try some help.

The errors you see are quite strange.  I use Debian, not Ubuntu, but it
shouldn't be very different.  Try this:

- remove all octave packages you have installed:
  apt-get remove '^octave'
  apt-get autoremove
- install 'octave' and the packages you need:
  apt-get install octave octave-signal octave-data-smoothing octave-statistics

Then run Octave and try:
pkg list

It should work flawlessly.  If it does not, try and report the results
here.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107