Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Going to start Octave Package Management.
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 22:57:39 +0200

On 2/9/19 10:40 PM, Dildar Sk wrote:
I think pkg has many more problems. But I think just refactoring would be
enough. What you people say?
I saw this project got stuck many times refactoring. I am stuck between
thinking refactor and full rewrite. Thanks a lot, Expecting answer from
experienced.

"I think just refactoring would be enough" - of course, not.

All in all, dealing with Octave package management, keep in mind what I call the sardonic trinity:

1) you can't teach old dogs new tricks;

2) you can't weld rust;

3) you can't polish shit.

--Sergei.