Re: aviread from video package does not return correct frame

From: shall689
Subject: Re: aviread from video package does not return correct frame
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 19:36:53 -0600 (CST)

I was wanting to install octave on a Raspberry PI 3 B+ and then process video
files using the video and image packages.  However, I am currently able to
extract frames using python+opencv, so maybe I will go in that direction.

If anyone is interested,  I installed opencv on the Rasperry PI using the
following:
sudo apt-get install python-opencv.   Before I did what was stated in part 1
of
https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2016/04/18/install-guide-raspberry-pi-3-raspbian-jessie-opencv-3/.

opencv version 2.4.9.1 was installed, which isn't the newest version.
Installing a newer version takes a lot more work, so I will see if the
2.4.9.1 is good enough for now.

Was anyone able to install octave on the Raspberry PI?