aviread from video package does not return correct frame

From: shall689
Subject: aviread from video package does not return correct frame
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 15:41:47 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

The issue I am having is that all of the frames output from aviread are the
same frame (I believe frame 53 out of 177 frames).

I am using the octave package video-1.2.4.tar.gz on flatpak octave version
4.4.1.  My OS is Ubuntu 18.04.1 and I am running it as guest on VirtualBox
6.0.

The avi video was converted from a h264  to avi using ffmpeg on a different
computer that had the same octave and video package version but was running
Snappy linux.  Also, Snappy linux had ffmpeg version 3.3.9 whereas the
Ubuntu has version 3.4.4.  Could that be causing the issue?

Stephen