Re: fminsearch plot tools

From: gciriani
Subject: Re: fminsearch plot tools
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:09:48 -0600 (CST)

Thanks Kai for showing me the code. I tried it and it does plot some.
However, it's only the individual points, as if each iteration was a
separate series, so every point is disconnected, and one doesn't see the
chronology of fminsearch.

I tried a different way on my own, by using global variables within the
function to be minimized. That way after running the minimization I can
manipulate the data in different way to visualize what's going on. I think I
read somewhere that using global variables in a function is deprecated, but
at least I got some clue about how to resolve my problem.

-----
Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32