Re: Independent parameters in nonlin_residmin

From: Pavel Hofman
Subject: Re: Independent parameters in nonlin_residmin
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 23:28:24 +0100

The function calculates FFT which generates values for all the frequencies at once. If the function is called for each frequency separately, the other frequency bins are still being determined and subsequently dropped/forgotten.

To clarify - the FFT results cannot be cached after the first call in the iteration and returned when the other frequency params are queried as the incoming samples must be modified with the supplied params first and then the FFT is calculated - it is all part of the function.

I may have to write my own specific-case implementation, using the lower-level optim functions.

Thanks a lot for any hints,

Pavel.