Problems with PKG INSTALL

From: Antonio Allegretta
Subject: Problems with PKG INSTALL
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 01:29:45 +0100

Hi, my name is Antonio and I’m an aerospace engineering student, as I need Octave for my studying I downloaded it by MacPorts on my MacBook Air, I installed it using the Terminal and everything went ok as it has been installed python too; of course before all I installed Xcode and the command line tool. The problem I found is with the installation of packages, overall I’m trying to install the control packages because I really need the tf function and the Bode diagram, but it never works. I found this one on the terminal "octave-control @3.1.0_4 (math, science)
    Computer-Aided Control System Design (CACSD) Tools for GNU Octave, based on
    the proven SLICOT Library.” but I don’t know how to proceed for the installation on Octave, when I write “pkg install control” it always gives me error and I tried in different way and everytime it’s the same. Can you please help me? This is my Octave version 4.4.1, I tried to download manually the package too and I got this one ‘control 3.1.0 2’, anyway I would very appreciate your help, if you can exactly tell me what to do so that I can install the different packages I need without any problem. Thank you so much for the patience.
                                                                                           Antonio Allegretta