load netcdf not working

From: eugenia
Subject: load netcdf not working
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:27:10 -0600 (CST)

Hi,
I have Octave v4.2.2 in Fedora 29. And I also have netcdf installed.
I need to install netcdf package for octave. I downloaded manually but when
I try to install it, I have the following error message:
>> pkg install -forge /home/Gomez/Downloads/netcdf-1.0.12.tar.gz
error: get_forge_pkg: invalid package name:
/home/Gomez/Downloads/netcdf-1.0.12.tar.gz
error: called from
    get_forge_pkg at line 34 column 5
    get_forge_download at line 26 column 12
    pkg at line 382 column 29

I also tried with the following but nothing:
>>pkg load netcdf
error: package netcdf is not installed
error: called from
    load_packages at line 41 column 7
    pkg at line 411 column 7

Can anybody help me? I installed Octave via Discover utilities.

Regards and thanks in advance

Maria Eugenia