Re: Geometry-drawPolyline3d-object-subplot

From: Juan Pablo Carbajal
Subject: Re: Geometry-drawPolyline3d-object-subplot
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:40:54 +0100

On Sun, Dec 9, 2018 at 2:11 AM Vicent <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everybody, I'm doing an animation of some 3dlines using subplots to
> represent the 3 views and a perspective. The thing is that I'm doing it,
> drawing four times the lines, one in each subplot, and it's so inefficient.
> I'd like to do it only with one object drawn and the four different points
> of view.
>
>  I,ve been trying to use the object assignment ( myLine =
> drawPolyline(....)) in order to use this object in each subplot but I
> haven't been able to do it. when the second object is created it is placed
> in the whole window instead of in his subplot space.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Example
>  clf;
>  subplot(2,2,1)
>
> title("FrontView");
> hold on;
>
> xlabel("X");
> ylabel("Y");
> zlabel("Z");
> axis ([-200 200 -100 200 0 200]);
> view([0,-1,0]);
> myLine = drawPolyline3d([0,0,0;40,40,40;20,50,20], 'r');
>
> subplot(2,2,3)
>
> title("OverHeadView");
> hold on;
>
> xlabel("X");
> ylabel("Y");
> zlabel("Z");
> axis ([-200 200 -100 200 0 200]);
> view(2);
>
> myLine2 = copyobj(myLine);
>

> --

Hi,

Do you want to do interactive plots with 3d roation?
It might work for small plots, but you can't be too ambitious, I do
not think GNU Octave is meant for this.
you could, of course, save a video with the 3D roations, but not
realtime in general (i.e. it might work for small objects [1])

To be able to help you effectively, please send a minimal working
example of what you are doing. This way we can test. Emphasis on the
"minimal"!

Regards,

PS: do not answer directly to me, use the mailing list.
[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59c6cIyYYFw