RE: scanForArduinos (Vicent)

From: JohnD
Subject: RE: scanForArduinos (Vicent)
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 14:54:02 -0500

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 15:51:25 -0600 (CST)
> From: Vicent <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: scanForArduinos
>
> Hi! I'm using an old laptop (with ubuntu 18.04.1 ) with octave 4.2.2 and
I'm
> trying to connect it with an arduino Uno board. (Arduino 1.8.7 IDE)
> After running the arduinosetup intruction ( I'm doing this in order to
check
> if the laptop can connect to the board) when I try to find the board I'm
> always getting an empty string as a result. Any Suggestion?
> Thanks.
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373116/portatil_caracter%C3%AD
> sticas.png>
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373116/scanForArduinos.png>

When running the arduinosetup command, looking on the Arduino IDE, did you
verify the serial port it detected was OK, set the board type correctly and
upload the code to the Arduino, (and was it successful)

If the scan is still failing, what happens if try to create an Arduino
object:

ar = arduino('/dev/ttyACM0')

NOTE: change the /dev/ttyACM0 to whatever the port your arduino is connected
to.