symbolic, lazy Min

From: CS Suehs
Subject: symbolic, lazy Min
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 11:05:04 -0500

Greetings, all,

I have been experiencing some pain trying to use sympy's Min from Octave's symbolic
math capabilities.  I have not been able to figure out how to dissuade Octave from eagerly evaluating the Min.  I want an _expression_ with a Min in it, not an immediate attempt to evaluate the two expressions.  I wonder, if Octave is confusing it with its own min, or failing to translate the sym min to sympy's Min.  Perhaps, in my ignorance, I am not correctly specifying the exact Min.

What are the code-pasting etiquette rules on this list?  Should I post a pastebin? Would a quick 10-line example here be ok?

Thank you!
-s