Re: Newbie keeps getting "invalid call to script" error,

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Newbie keeps getting "invalid call to script" error,
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:05:22 -0700

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 14:32:54 +0000, Faraz Hussain wrote:
> Hmm. I wonder if my octave installation is somehow corrupt. I have version
> 3.8:

No, your Octave is correct. Octave 3.8 did not support 'classdef' style
class definitions. This will work if you try it in Octave 4.0 or later.
It's best to try to use the current version of 4.4 if possible.

Your yum configuration is also correct, Octave 3.8 is the version
packaged for Red Hat 7 (both are 4 years old). I don't know if there are
any yum repositories that maintain the latest Octave for Red Hat or
CentOS.

--
mike